Caught Between 2 Lovers?

Yesterday I was asked, "can someone love two people at once?" My response was no, but I realized I messed up a bit.

First, there is a difference between loving someone and being in love with someone. We love our siblings, parents, children, etc., but we're not in love with them.

However, being in love involves romantic love, which of course involves physical desire. This is where I think you can't be in love with two people at once.
Most of us have or have had this one person who frequents our thoughts on two occassions; day and night. That someone who makes us smile simply by listening to their voice. Or that person you can talk to forever, usually about nothing. And the list goes on...you"ve been there(hopefully), so you know.
Can one really share that state of being with two people?

So I conlude:
- its possible to love more than one person at the same time
- its near impossible to be in love with 2 people at once

No comments:

Post a Comment